Overview – NON Licenced Bolt On.
A course which meets the expectations of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2006 & ACOP (Approved Code of Practice) L143, This training is intended for anyone who is required to undertake tasks detailed in asbestos essentials and the task manual, in accordance with HSE guidance.
The training course includes safe working methods and the equipment/tools required for specific tasks that involve non-licensed work on asbestos containing materials (ACM’s).
As well as catering for groups, we can accommodate independent tradesmen and small businesses as part of larger groups so if you are working independently, please contact us for course availability.
Duration of Training:
6 Hours (Approx)
Duration of Validity of Training Certification:
Below is an overview of the contents of this course:
1.HISTORY OF ASBESTOS
2.TYPES OF ASBESTOS (NATURE AND PROPERTIES OF ASBESTOS)
3.DANGERS AND DISEASES OF ASBESTOS
4.POSSIBLE LOCATIONS OF ASBESTOS AND LIKELY OCCURENCES IN BUILDINGS
5.CONTROL OF ASBESTOS AT WORK REGULATIONS 2012 (REG. 4,5,6,7)
6.WHERE TO OBTAIN INFORMATION ON ASBESTOS IN PREMISES PRIOR TO COMMENCING WORK (ASBESTOS REGISTERS)
7.WHAT TO DO IF SUSPICIOUS MATERIALS ARE FOUND
8.DUTIES ON DUTYHOLDERS (EMPHASIS ON MANAGING ASBESTOS)
9.TYPES AND LIMITATIONS OF ASBESTOS SURVEYS (HSG 264 ASBESTOS SURVEYS)
10. DUTY TO MANAGE ASBESTOS CORRECTLY
11. ASBESTOS ESSENTIALS TASK GUIDANCE SHEETS HSG 210 (HOW TO USE APPROPRIATE WORK PLACE PRECAUTIONS)
12. COMPLIANCE WITH THE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS SET OUT IN THE APPROVED CODE OF PRACTICE (ACOP L143) REGULATION 10 (PARA 129 -131)
13. PLANNING THE WORK (UNDERTAKE WORK ACTIVITIES IN A SAFE MANNER)
14. WHAT WORK YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO / HOW TO DETERMINE IF WORK IS LICENSABLE / HOW TO DETERMINE IF WORK IS NOTIFIABLE
15. CORRECT USE AND WEARING OF RESPIRATORY PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT & PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT)
16. DECONTAMINATION AND WASTE DISPOSAL ARRAGEMENTS
17. UNDERSTAND UNINTENTIONAL AND EMERGENCY CONTACT PROCEDURES
19. TEST QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Please be aware that at least one of the attendees for this Non-License course should be a Supervisor, who would ensure that the asbestos work undertaken follows an appropriate Method Statement and Risk Assessments in accordance with HSE Guidance.
Refresher Training: Certified refresher training is required annually in accordance with current regulations.