Overview Asbestos Awareness
A course which meets the expectations of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 20012 & ACOP (Approved Code of Practice) L143, this form of training is suitable for ALL employees whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 – Control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2012).
The UKATA approved Asbestos Awareness Training course is suitable for groups of up to 20 people and can be undertaken at your own premises or via our own venue.
As well as catering for groups, we can accommodate independent tradesmen and small businesses as part of larger groups at our own venue so if you are working independently, please contact us for course availability.
Duration of Training:
Approx 4 Hours
Duration of Validity of Training Certification:
Below is an overview of the contents of this course:
• Introduction to asbestos – nature and origin.
• Types of asbestos.
• Properties and benefits (use of asbestos).
• Health hazards.
• Possible locations of asbestos in buildings.
• Current legislation and guidance.
• Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos.
• Working safely/dutyholders responsibilities.
• The operations which could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of preventive controls to minimise exposure,
○ Duty to Manage Asbestos, Managers Responsibilities (how to protect workers and avoid a prosecution)
○ Overview of Asbestos Registers and Asbestos Surveys and how to understand what is involved
○ Safe work practices, control measures, and protective equipment, (what you can and can’t do)
○ Safe and correct use of RPE/PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Emergency procedures/accidental damage/general procedures.
• Self-Assessment Test