This course is designed and structured to provide training in the safe use of abrasive wheels and meets with the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and covers the following subjects:
- The Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards and Precautions to be taken
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Storage & Handling
- Inspection and Methods of Testing for Damage
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Procedures
We’re based in the North West so provide Abrasive Wheel Training Courses near Manchester and Liverpool.
To receive the Course Information, fill out the form below.
HSG 17 states that:
In relation to abrasive wheels, PUWER 98 requires, among other things, that all machinery is suitable for its intended use and is properly maintained, and that employees, including those using, mounting and managing the operation of abrasive wheels, are fully informed and properly trained in their safe use.